After sorting out the course of treatment it was decided that he would be officially admitted for a few days. We missed our pre-work appointment but they have been able to run the majority of the tests on the floor.
He just had his Hickman Catheter placed and thankfully that procedure went well. The original plan (which I am now convinced Never happens) was for us to be discharged after the procedure. Because of the holiday, the timing of the procedure and a couple other factors it was not logistically possible. The plan now, is to have some labs done in the morning to check his levels and see if his antibiotic dosage needs to change and then we can hit the road. I'm trying my best to not get my hopes up. But nonetheless, I am hopping to be thankful for being home tomorrow!
IF do get discharged tomorrow, it won't be a long trip. We need to come back up to Duke on Monday for a repeat bone marrow biopsy and meeting with our doctor. We also won't be able to see Arleigh as my mom has taken her to my sister's for thanksgiving. While this is sad, she still has a bit of a runny nose and cough and in all honesty, Joe needs uninterrupted sleep SO badly. It's probably for the best that the house will be quiet.
Thank you for all the prayers, we really needed them over the past few days. Please continue to pray for peace of mind. This week has done a number on us mental and it's hard to imagine going into the next stage when we feel so run down. I am really praying hard that we get rest and that there will be A Lot of healing in that rest so that we are ready to come back and fight like hell.
As an additional side note to our Forest Service family that has been asking: Joe has been processed into the voluntary leave donation database. We are not sure when an email will be sent out however, currently you can manually search the database for his name. (Not sure if he will be listed as Joe or Joseph.) Thank you so much for your interest in this, it will be such a huge blessing for us.