Thursday 22nd – There was a big drop in Joe’s counts
Friday 23rd- Got the boost and decided since his numbers were so low to do biopsy on Monday
Monday 26th- Had the biopsy and numbers still dropped. Doctors let us know that “something was wrong but they didn’t know yet what it was”
Tuesday 27th – We got the call that the cancer was back and there was no further treatment that would help.
Wednesday 28th - We met with team and made arrangements to go home and get palliative/hospice care. We decided that we would continue with blood and platelet transfusions for as long as possible to extend our time together. We had been told that the time we had could be anywhere from weeks to maybe 3 months at best. This would depend on the disease progression and if he could avoid infections.
Thursday 29th - We drove home and had the best sleepover party Ever with Arleigh.
Friday 30th - Joe got more platelets and I got help and moved our room downstairs for ease of care.
Saturday 31st -Hospice came for consultation and said Joe seemed pretty stable and Joe’s family came.
Saturday night- Joe’s cough got worse and he started on oxygen
Sunday 1st- Joe got a high fever which indicates active infection his pain increased substantially. Our nurse said she would make arraignments for labs to be done on Monday so we could make a decision if we wanted to continue with blood and platelet transfusions but that the priority is to keep Joe comfortable.
I believe my sister will be posting something soon on ways you can help us. We love you all.